Dr Mohammad A. Razzaque (Raz) is an Associate Professor (Research) in the School of Computing, Engineering and Digital Technologies, Teesside University. Before joining Teesside University, he worked as a Senior Research Fellow at the Trinity College Dublin (2014-2017) and Senior Lecturer at the Faculty Computing, University Technology Malaysia (2011-2014).
He is an expert in end-to-end (sensors-to-cloud) IoT solutions and cybersecurity, and his research and development are centred on IoT and cybersecurity. Since 2014, he is also working on machine learning techniques, including deep learning techniques for IoT applications and cybersecurity. He has successfully published over 73 peer-reviewed research works, including 12 Q1 journal papers and a book in these areas. He is active in funding applications and was involved in twenty-one different funding applications and secured £256K (approximately) worth funding as the P.I. Currently, he is working on hardware security in IoT, Smart Healthcare and Deep Learning and Blockchain for cybersecurity. Besides, he is supervising/co-supervising nine PhD students at Teesside University.
He works as a consultant in IoT solutions/Industry 4.0 and cybersecurity for northeast England’s local industries. He also organises and conducts workshops on ethical hacking, data analysis, and IoT. He has worked with (with the support of Enterprise dept. and Digital City) thirteen different companies, including IntraHealth, Industro solutions, Phusion I.M. Ltd, Darchem -EasterLine, ADLINK Tech., and VirtualArmour Ltd.
He holds a PhD in distributed systems (i.e., Wireless Sensor Networks, Mobile Adhoc Networks) from the School of Computer Science and Informatics, U.C.D., Dublin (2008). He also holds an M.Sc. & B.Sc. (Hons) in Electronics and Communication Engineering, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
My current research covers three main related areas: IoT/IIoT/AIoT, Industry 4.0, Cybersecurity and Privacy, and Machine Learning.
- IoT: Middleware, Architecture, QoS, Energy management, digital twins, and End-to-End solutions development
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in IoT
- Machine learning (i.e., generative modelling, decentralised learning): Text mining, Cancer Data Analysis, and secure machine learning.
PhD and Research Opportunities
I have supervised more than 13 postgraduate students, including 3 PhD students, and supervising 5 PhD students. I have PhD opportunities (self-funded) in the following areas:
- Cybersecurity in IoT and wireless networks, including 5G network
- Secure Machine Learning, including Decentralised Learning
External Roles and Professional Activities
Membership: Fellow (HE, U.K.), A.C.M., IEEE (senior member), IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing, IEEE Internet of Things Community, IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Learning Technology, IEEE Sustainable I.C.T. Community, IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Security and Privacy, IEEE Cloud Computing Community, and IEEE Life Sciences Community.
Reviewer: IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE IoT, Computer Communications, Ad Hoc Networks, International Journal of Communication Systems, Sensors, I.E.E. Sensors, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, etc.
Track Chair: IoT and Bigdata, ICAICT 2020
Program Committee Member: IAIT2021, IAIT2020, IAIT2019, IEEE Smart Cities Conference 2015, ICCVIA’ 2014, CCA-2014, TCGC -2014, VisionNet-2014, SOMET2014, RFID-TA 2013, IEEE TENCON 2012, ICAC 2008, etc.
- Science Foundation Ireland (S.F.I.) scholarship for PhD in Computer Science, U.C.D., Dublin.
- Research Assistantship awarded by Ministry of Higher Education, Saudi Arabia
- First-class third position in B. Sc., Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering (formerly known as Applied Physics & Electronics), Dhaka University.
- First-class second position in M. Sc., Dept. Electrical and Electronic Engineering (formerly known as Applied Physics & Electronics), Dhaka University.
- 17th merit position in Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) Exam (Out of over 50,000 candidates)